Do you have that favorite easy go to recipe that everyone loves? The recipe that every time there is a potluck or dinner to attend, everyone asks you to bring. What is it? For me, it is a Cheesy Chicken Casserole. It’s been my go-to potluck dish for over 10 years. After I graduated college I went to visit a friend at her parent’s house in Tennessee and her mom made it while I was there. So yummy, that I had to have the recipe. I’ve been making it ever since.
Earlier this week I started thinking about what to make for a party I’m having in a few weeks. I haven’t made it in a long time and thought it would be perfect. It was a huge success everyone loved it, the dish was scraped clean.
It uses one of my favorite ingredients, Kraft Velveeta cheese. I don’t know about you but the best grilled cheese sandwiches are made with Velveeta, it melts so easy. Yummy, especially when you dip it in tomato soup.
- • 2 cans of chicken
- • 2 bags boil in bag rice (cooked)
- • 2 cans cream of chicken soup (sometimes I use the Campbell’s cream of chicken with herbs)
- • 1 lbs. Velveeta Cheese
- • 2 sticks of butter
- • 2 packages Ritz crackers
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a big bowl mix the cooked rice, chicken, soup & cheese. Next get a glass baking dish and spray a little Pam in the bottom of it. Pour the mix into the dish and spread it evenly.
- In a separate bowl melt the butter. Crush the crackers up and add them to the melted butter. Once you have mixed them together, spread it over the top of the casserole.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the crackers start to brown.
I hope you and your family enjoy this as much as I do.
~Always, Angie B