I’m getting ready to start another round of Whole30 next week. I’m starting the day after my birthday, which funny enough is when I started my last round of Whole30. I remember coming home from a friend’s house at 11:30pm the night of my birthday, and finding a WHOLE cake sitting on the kitchen counter waiting for me. It wasn’t just any cake, it was the cake that when you cut it open is all the rainbow colors. So yummy. I had the internal struggle of “I still have 30 minutes before midnight, I COULD cut it open and eat a piece.” I had already had my fill of cookie cake at my friend’s, but instead of cutting it open I stuck it in the freezer and I took it to my best friend’s house 31 days later. LOL
Now here I am a year later, shaking my head that I’m about to start this all over again. I know that in order for this to work, I will have to PLAN, PLAN, PLAN. I had many unsuccessful attempts at W30, before I had my 100% complaint round last year.
I’ve been busy on Pinterest finding new recipes and remembering the recipes that got me through W30 last time. I love Turkey Burgers. My favorite ones to get have always been the Jennie-O Jalapeño ones. However it’s “processed” and some of the ingredients weren’t W30 approved. So I looked online & created my one Whole30 approved recipe. They are super yummy, well in my opinion anyway. Plus it’s a super quick and easy recipe to throw together. Another reason I love this recipe, is that is a good freezer recipe.
- 1 1/2 - 2lbs Ground Turkey
- 2/3 cups diced White Onion
- 1/4 cups chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoons seeded and diced Jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Iceberg Lettuce to wrap it in
- Gallon Ziplock Freezer Bags
- Wax or Parchment Paper
- Mix together ground turkey, onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, ground cumin, paprika, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl.
- Mix together ground turkey, onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, ground cumin, paprika, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Divide mixture and form into patties. Grill up and enjoy. I use my George Forman grill and love it.
- Depending on how thick you want them is up to you. I use about 2lbs of meat and it gets between 8-10 patties. If you are planning on freezing them, arrange the patties on parchment paper and put in freezer bags.
To garnish to burgers, I found a super easy Guacamole Recipe on Pinterest. You can find the recipe here.
I hope your family enjoys this as much as I do.
~Always, Angie BFollow me in Social Media